The Twelve steps of Food Compulsions Anonymous
Gratefully adapted from AA’s twelve Steps
1. We admitted we were powerless over sugar, refined carbohydrates, and other addictive foods—that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to food addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Food Compulsions Anonymous has no control over ads on this page. Ads do not constitute endorsement by, or affiliation with, Food Compulsions Anonymous. We are taking measures to be ad free.